ArduPilot Autopilot Suite
Hardware — Firmware — Software — Community
Hardware– The embedded systems and peripheral sensors that 3DRobotics designs, manufactures, and sells.
Think of hardware as the brain, eyes, ears, etc.
Firmware– The “skill set” code running on the hardware, which configures it for the kind of vehicle you’ve put it in. You choose the firmware and vehicle that match your mission: Plane, Copter, Rover…
The choice is yours — one autopilot for any mission. An easy firmware update is all it takes to repurpose your hardware into a different role.
Software– Your interface to the hardware.
Initial set-up, configuration, and testing. Mission-planning/operation, and post-mission analysis.
Point-and-click intuitive interaction with your hardware, or advanced custom scripting for niche mission profiles. Options are everything with ArduPilot.
Community– This is what really sets ArduPilot apart from the closed-source offerings in the market.
A constantly evolving repository of knowledge and innovation. The DIY Drones community provides the life-source and inspiration for ArduPilot. A comprehensive list of features that are continually born from the needs of the community.
- Point-and-click programming/configuration gets you up and operating without hassle
- Multiple command modes: Acro, Stabilize, Loiter, Alt-hold, Return To Launchpoint, Land, Simple, Guided, Position, Circle, Follow Me, GeoFence, and Auto (which runs fully scripted missions using GPS waypoints)
- Failsafe programming options bring peace of mind in the event of lost control signal or low battery conditions
- Three Axis camera control and stabilization, shutter control, live video link with programmable on-screen-display
- Data transceivers allow real-time telemetry and control between your ground station computer and APM, including joystick control options
- Full data logging provides comprehensive post mission analysis, with graphing and Google Earth mapping tools
- No dead ends — Advanced users will find endless options for customization and expanded mission capabilities