APM Autopilot Suite
Hardware — Firmware — Software — Community
Hardware- The embedded systems and peripheral sensors that 3DRobotics designs, manufactures, and sells.
Think of hardware as the brain, eyes, ears, etc.
Firmware- The “skill set” code running on the hardware, which configures it for the kind of vehicle you’ve put it in. You choose the firmware and vehicle that match your mission: Plane, Copter, Rover…
The choice is yours — one autopilot for any mission. An easy firmware update is all it takes to repurpose your hardware into a different role.
Software- Your interface to the hardware.
Initial set-up, configuration, and testing. Mission-planning/operation, and post-mission analysis.
Point-and-click intuitive interaction with your hardware, or advanced custom scripting for niche mission profiles. Options are everything with APM.
Community- This is what really sets APM apart from the closed-source offerings in the market.
A constantly evolving repository of knowledge and innovation. The DIY Drones community provides the life-source and inspiration for APM. A comprehensive list of features that are continually born from the needs of the community.
- Point-and-click programming/configuration gets you up and operating without hassle
- Multiple command modes: Acro, Stabilize, Loiter, Alt-hold, Return To Launchpoint, Land, Simple, Guided, Position, Circle, Follow Me, GeoFence, and Auto (which runs fully scripted missions using GPS waypoints)
- Failsafe programming options bring peace of mind in the event of lost control signal or low battery conditions
- Three Axis camera control and stabilization, shutter control, live video link with programmable on-screen-display
- Data transceivers allow real-time telemetry and control between your ground station computer and APM, including joystick control options
- Full data logging provides comprehensive post mission analysis, with graphing and Google Earth mapping tools
- No dead ends — Advanced users will find endless options for customization and expanded mission capabilities